11.2K views
1.3

I THOUGHT THAT I'D TRY THIS ANTENNA INSTEAD OF DIRECTV AND ORDERED (3) ANTENNAS AND (3) AMPLIFIERS BECAUSE IT STATED THAT THIS WOULD GIVE ME A 60 MILE RANGE TO RECEIVE UP TO 100 CHANNELS "FREE"; SO I WAITED AND FINALLY RECEIVED MY ORDER WITH "NO INSTRUCTIONS" ON HOW TO INSTALL ANYTHING? I WORKED FOR OVER THREE HOURS AND FINALLY GOT MY BEDROOM TV TO ONLY COME UP WITH FOUR (4) CHANNELS??

WHAT?? SO I ATTEMPTED TO CONTACT THIS COMPANY AND NO PHONE WAS PROVIDED ONLY AN EMAIL; OF WHICH I SENT TWO EMAILS WANTING ASSISTANCE AND ONLY GO "WE HAVING HIGH VOLUME RIGHT NOW BUT AN AGENT WILL GET BACK WITH YOU?'" I WAITED THREE (3) DAYS WITH NO RESPONSE FROM THIS COMPANY? I EMAILED AGAIN STATING THAT I WANTED TO RETURN ALL OF THEIR PRODUCTS FOR A REFUND? STILL NO RESPONSE?

SO I CONTACTED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY ASKING TO DISPUTE THE CHARGES AND THEY HAVE PLACED A 15 DAY HOLD UNTIL I POSSIBLY HEAR BACK FROM THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY WITH NO CUSTOMER SERVICES PROVIDED??

THE WEBSITE ACTUALLY TRIES TO TELL YOU THAT IT'S NOT A SCAM AND THAT YOU CAN GET OVER 100 CHANNELS WITH SPORTS FOR "FREE"?

DO NOT BELIEVE IT!! UNLESS YOU CHECK YOUR AREA FOR RECEPTION MAPS ON HOW MANY CHANNELS ARE PROVIDED IT'S NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY TO BUY AN ANTENNA!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Skylink Tv Antenna Antenna.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 13.

Comments

Researched the so called sky antenna. From what I can deduce it's a total scam.

Going back to pre cable TV an antenna on a tower with rotation worked unbelievably well. So now were digital but a broadcast signal is still the same.

Not interested and I can make a homemade version that will pull in some stations and they're HD as well. Beware of the scam as they dont support or follow up and give out the same standard message to complaints!

They got to me for $49.99 + S&H. They showed a box similar to my cable boxes.

It was a flat piece of plastic with a short cable. They are full fledged criminals.

Thanks for warning me I thought it was a con to good to be true lots of robbing *** on the internet always check before you buy nice one mate

to John foley #1588958

luckily i only purchased one...but, came with no directions...screwed the cable in to the cable receptor in the back of tv.....nothing..... nothing nothing.....i have moved it around...nothing.....no other way to plug into tv.....thats it...nothing

I bought this antenna and they charged my account twice. The antenna only picked up 15 channels and my $9 picks up 22 channels.

I am only 12 miles from a transmitter station. I now hope my bank can get my money back.

Thanks for the review. Like the saying goes, "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is".

I believe is a scam

I won't be ordering this product, due to all the non-customer service.

I have been thinking of getting one, but now, I will not. Thank you for providing the review!

Write the New Jersey attorney office and see if we can get a little action out of SkyLink. I am.

The customer service is non existent because the product doesn’t work. If we can get all the dissatisfied people who bought this antenna to write the New Jersey attorney Generals office perhaps SkyLink will oblige the New Jersey attorney generals office either way I’m pissed.

to David Jonathan Ball #1601678

I will also write to the attorney generals office about this scam! Do you have an address where to send it?

Everything stated above is true. I experienced the same problems.

This company will not issue a refund for a product that does not work as their ads claim it will.

Do not buy this antenna! You will be very disappointed and will have spent money for nothing.

After 3 hours attempting to assemble the antenna with the "booster" I still can't figure out how to connect the two together. Even by watching "you Tube" still don't know how to assemble.

I tried what I thought was the right installation and got zero channels, even though living on a hill and 30 miles from a major metropolitan city. Still attempting to work thru it.

Nice way to spend Saturday/Sunday during the summer!No installation directions included with the product. Should have donated money spent to charity!

#1519887

As a person who used to design and make my own antennas, I offer this information. If for example, the channels you want to receive are very far from your antennae, the signal will be so small, no matter how good your antenna and amplifier is, its of no use.

When ads are telling you you can pick up signals 60 miles away its not accurate. Only if that signal is useable will it be amplified. Meaning its at a level your antennae can pick up and send it on to your amplifier. Otherwise you are wasting your money.

If distant between antennae and broadcast station are not far, heck a cost hanger would be good enough. Hope this help.

to Robert linton #1556425

Hi I was really intrested in your story about skylink antenna and they stated that you could receive upto 100 channels for free im that issue with product has really caught my eye because i was ready to purchase one..so basically you have lost out on a sum of money in which i really feel sorry for you...feel free to email with your comment @ Turnercarl29@gmail.com

#1519333

It saved me $

#1519048

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I sent 2 emails and finally got a response.

Person emailed me back saying to keep trying to read instructions and try again. I only got 30 channels, which was less than what i get now with another antenna. Thei ad said that we can get 100+ channels and espn, etc. Not at all.

They do not allow you to return items, so do not buy this product. There are better products out there.

to Kelli #1519148

You can buy antennas at Best buy, and if it doesn't work you know where to return it

to Kelli #1556428

Get a kodi box off amazon..and get someone to download this link called My gica