20.6K views

I ordered 2 of the Skylink antennas and installed per directions. When I did a channel search, I did not receive even 1 channel.

I tried a different room. Still no luck. I e-mailed Skylink and they said I was doing it wrong and to try a certain method. That was the exact method I tried, but I did try it again.

STill no luck. So I asked to send them back and get a refund. They quit answering me. Since I had used PayPal to buy them, I contacted PayPal with my complaint.

Soon after that I heard back from Skylink. TRy one more time. I did and nothing happened, again. I told them I wanted my money back.

This time they said the antennas must have been defective and they would refund my money to PayPal, which they did. They didn't even ask for the antennas back.

At least I got my money back. But you can tell it is a scam.

Product or Service Mentioned: Skylink Tv Antenna Antenna.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Quit selling fake antennas!.

Comments

Thank you so much for this information, and to all of the others who gave a review. I was about to order some of these antennas as I have 2 properties.

Thank you for saving me a lot of money and grief. I will buy locally where you can walk into the store and speak to them personally, and where they care about their reputation. Where is the government agency for FALSE ADVERTISING?

Why are they not routing these people out? Again thank you

thanks for the warning

we have cut the cord with Spectrum because every bill went up. I was surfing, found this ad for Skylink.

I then opened up a 2nd window and read a few sights and knew then not to buy. That you for posting ur trouble.

GrowlingGalapagosTortoise

Yes it is a scam!!! Even though I have not bought this product, it is about as bad as all the simple ads or commercials that come on late at night that sell products for $19.95 or higher like this scam Skylink TV Antenna Corporation.

This product used to be a commercial a while back ago. And the people that they used to try it out were people that worked for the company or a paid actor. The problem is with us. We do not read consumer reviews about the product before we buy.

Then when it does come up a scam or the company is *** in responding to us we complain in customer reviews on how we paid for a *** product. I did the same thing with Harry Shaving company. Its a poor company that says their product uses fine German steel and will give you a better shave than Gillette Shaving Company for a better cost and I bought into it. Well was I so wrong!!!

I could of gotten a better, smoother shave by jumping of a motorcycle and sliding across pavement with my face!!! I asked for my money back and they told me I was shaving wrong and to try doing it their way even though I have been shaving for 30 yrs with the same brand my dad has been shaving with when he first shaved with them. Yes it is pricey but they stand by their product. But Harry's Shaving Corp.

is just like Skylink TV Antenna's. They feed us the same bull crap that we are doing it wrong or try another room. And we all know we know how to put in a antenna on a TV especially if we are older than 40 yrs old. And those antennas back in the days (those ugly ones that our dads put up on the roof's and hear them cuss out a storm or the rabbit ears) were a 100 times better than Skylink's TV Antennas.

We as consumers need to read the pros and the cons and waive out the differences!!! And I learned the hard way myself with Harry's Shaving Company. So since then I have been reading consumers reviews before I buy. And Yes this company is a joke and a scam by what I have read in here and other sites.

Please if you are reading this do not buy their product And you will see why if you keep reading these reviews. And if you did buy and bought with a credit card or with Pay pal call them or email them for your money back That is the only way its going to work.

Trying to get it back from them is like talking to a rock or wall. A one way conversation.

GrowlingGalapagosTortoise
to GrowlingGalapagosTortoise #1556037

Thats nt who I said I was in the Name area. My name is David Valerga

to GrowlingGalapagosTortoise #1559568

I never thought some one else shaved like that with a motor cycle. That was all in fun, but thanks to people like you, it prevented me from biting.

I figured it was a scam. That's why I Googled it

I ordered three and try one, only one channel. I need my money back. Why the government allow this kind of scam.

What a shame! This is disgusting!

How dare they? I was so excited to order this product,UNTIL- I happened to read these reviews. Thank goodness I did!. This sounds like a ripoff company!

And should be shut down! Reminds me of all the corruption going on in our country! Who knows, maybe they are a part of it.

Probably a way to spy on all of us too!...I'd love to see who's behind this scam face to face. They are cowards hiding behind a screen!

SkyLinkTvAntenna, ( Email # 8 - Product Does NOT WORK return asap! Send me my money BACK ) I ordered a SkyLink antenna and one amplifier approximately $70.00, what a scam.

I already did ALL the RECOMMENDATIONS mentioned by them and still it did not work.

I requested to send me asap instructions for me to start the return process and get my money back. Since August 11th, I have sent 8 emails requesting my money back, but have not receive my money.

I ordered 2 Skylink antennas, paying $69.90, then was offered another for a reduced price. So, I ordered that too.

What I got was one antenna (works OK) and a couple of accessories. When I contacted Skyling by email, My experience was slow response, except the last one that said that I ordered one antenna and two amplifiers. What a scam.

There is no company named Skywire, no location, no phone number, just an email contact. Don't fall for the ad that I got off of Finance.yahoo.com.

Amen brother. In my situation I received 4 channels.

Quite a disappointment. Thankfully, I also paid through Paypal. When they refused to refund my money I told them I would proceed with my claim through Paypal. Miraculously they suddenly found it in their hearts to refund my money.

Very thankful for Paypal. This antenna is junk.

I wouldn't recommend it for anyone. You may not be as luck as I was in getting my money refunded.

to Mike65 #1533254

Your post gives me hope that I may actually get the refund I am seeking as I too have filed a claim through PayPal. I have spent the last month communicating with the so called "customer service" and getting no where and have finally resorted to filing a claim.

They just stopped communicating with me when I mentioned I would turn to PayPal for a resolution. I thought I had done my due diligence by researching reviews and the one that swayed me to try this product out was by a well known and ,until now, respected consumer advocate. Hopefully I will get a determination in my favor.

I really don't need to be throwing good money after bad. Thanks again,

thank you very much for putting your experience out there for other to see

Do not buy this antenna if you are expecting to receive more channels. I got more channels with a $15 antenna I picked up at Wal-mart.

When I asked for a refund, they said they do not process refunds unless the product is defective. If the product does not do what it says, then it is defective.

I also am having trouble with this item. It only gives me local, media channels.

I DO NOT watch any media, or Spanish Speaking channels. I have contacted Customer Support & received the same answerthe above customer received, doing it wrong. Moved it to different TV's & rooms.

I still DO NOT get anyof the claimed channels. Very irritated as I am STILL waiting for the so called RMA # they say I need toreturn & get refund.

to Linda Glory #1533257

I would suggest that you shift gears and go after them through your method of payment if you used a credit card or PayPal. I hope you didn't pay cash.

You will never get the RMA#, I have spent the last month and numerous e-mail requests with no luck.

They will eventually stop responding and hope you will go away. Good Luck!

#1519952

Scam. Said due to high call volume having technical difficulties but had no problem charging my card! Didn’t even say if antenna is coming!!!!

InsistentEntlebucherMountainDog
#1519155

I will go to the BBB to complaint about this

to InsistentEntlebucherMountainDog #1523213

Report to FTC.gov

#1519151

You can file a compaint with the BBB. On terms and conditions has the mailing address